Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Leapfest 2009 (pt.1)




I celebrated my fourth birthday (08/08/09) by attending Leapfest 2009 in Kingston RI. Leapfest is the largest International Military Parachute competition in the world. My big brother is an Army Ranger with the 101st Airborne. This is what he does, jumps out of helicopters ALOT. Each year he comes north with a team to compete. They always do well....this year extremely well. The team placed third overall and my big brother took second place individual score!!!!!! I am SOOOOO proud!


I watched the whole thing under the shade of Mom's lawn chair. Helicopters, parachutes, smoke on the ground to determine wind direction, Army jeeps and military men from all over the world. It was so VERY exciting!


The whole thing ended with bagpipes playing Amazing Grace! It was all amazing! Congrats again big bro!....guess I get my adventurous spirit from you!