Monday, July 19, 2010

The Ocean by canoe

This weekend was a bit of a wash for an adventure dog. Dad had to work all weekend and it was .....well...the "Dog days of summer" hot, So Mom and I hung low at home,just trying to be cool and not feel housebound. In the end Dad came through for us. He got out of work Sunday night and loaded up the canoe, seems like Mom and I were in for an adventure after all.
Down the road a piece to Ogunquit, where we threw the canoe into the tidal Ogunquit river, just as the sun was going down. The tide was headed out so we rode the river down till we exploded into the ocean......WOW never done that before!

After the initial shock of the busting surf , the folks paddled us out beyond any crashing waves and we rolled in the surf like...well.... a bathtub toy.

We paddled along the shore back to wenced we came and in the last bit of daylight we rode a wave into the beach with a force big enough to toss this little dog around. Mom and dad proved,once again that they can take me on adventures and keep me afloat, on land, lake and sea! I love my life!
Play video even if appears black.

No comments: