Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hiking up the Swift River

We started our weekend by attending the wedding of an old family friend up in the White Mountains. The wedding was held in the Swift River Covered bridge. An absolutely beautiful wedding. Congradulations Charity and Tommy!!!!
After the wedding festivities we drove up to the area height of the land and watched a stunning sunset.

After a near perfect sleep in the van, we enjoyed breakfast on a rock in the Swift river. Then.....you know us, "Team Moxie"...... off on another adventure. We set off and hiked, by foot and by paw, up the middle of the river. It was a perfect late summer day, even the river water was bathtub warm.



I have become quite a rock hopper and was able to navigate alot of the river on my own.


We stopped several times to take a swim, I like to ride around on Dad's head in the water. It is so much fun.

The mountains and cliffs surrounding the river were spectacular.

Now how many lucky dogs do you know that get to adventure the way I do....I love my life!!!

No comments: