Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pine Bend Brook Trail


Oh, the Sandwich range calls again, like so many other times this summer. Actually it rained...cold rain,( not always a warm rain ha! ha! )....all day Saturday so we all headed to Portland to do some fall shopping. Mom's been fall cleaning so we got alot of new house stuff, like new towels and shower curtain ect. ect. I got a new hair dryer...yep Dad gives me a nice blow dry after my bath this time of year. It makes me fluffy and shiny. Which leads me into what we did Sunday....
Why does an adventure dog need to be fluffy and shiny when we end up hiking in the Sandwhich range..it's soooooo steep and rocky....I just make a mess of it all!
We stopped at Chocorua Lake on the way north. Got a great picture of Mt. Chocorua engulfed in a rain cloud. It rained on and off all morning until we were parking the van...perfect. We headed up Pine Bend Brook Trail off the Kanc. in NH. Awesome brookside trail. The water was huge due to all the rain. SWEET! The rain brought all kinds of fall mushrooms as well.
About half way in we entered the Sandwhich range, and ,as always, straight up we went. Guide book says very steep, guide book is ALWAYS right. I do good on the ups. Mom and Dad, not so good. But I wait for them to catch up, after all they're carring the food! We hit freezing rain above 3000 feet, so when it let up we stopped and cooked lunch..my favorite part! Being "woods smart" hikers we did not summit. Down we headed with plenty of time to meander before the,now early, sunset. I took turns following Mom and Dad down through the moss covered rocks and the woods. We're all part of "Team Moxie" off on another Great Adventure.

No comments: