Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wild River (part 1)

(Play video above) Hi, it's me, Moxie,...follow me back across this suspension bridge and I'll take you on a 20 miles hike up the Wild River and show you some spectacular fall foliage. We hiked for hours and finally ran into one person, a woman. Her trail name was Gourmet Gert. She has thru hiked the AT two times. She was out for a 10 day "vacation" on her own in the woods. Our kind of people! The foliage was at it's peak and just BEAUTIFUL! And because of the rain there were lots of mushrooms...I blended right into it all with my orange rain coat. There was lots of mud too. Mom went right up to her knee in the mud..OOOOOPS! Hiking was awesome, the rain held out until we were snug in our tent, close...but not too close! ...to a brook. The a little storm named Kyle past us during the night. Buckets and buckets of warm tropical rain. By morning our "little brook" turned into a "ragging river!" (see last two videos) We had to ford one river crossing on the way out that was up to Mom's belly, I rode on Dad's shoulder. On our way in we crossed 5 or 6 streams, I crossed them by myself! Another wicked adventurous weekend...my first 20 mile weekend!

No comments: