Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Foliage trip


Foliage road trip in the v-dub for the weekend. It was a clear brisk weekend, perfect for leaf peeping. Nice rest on our weary bodies after our 20 mile hike last weekend. Off to New Hampshire and the White Moutains. We saw lots of wildlife out the van window. Eagles are making a come back and we see them all the time. Mom says if I ever see one, I should tuck tail and run. I could be LUNCH! EEEKK! I was safe in the van for this one! Then we saw a deer, we only had one picture left at the time but got a "head on" picture. He stood so still even I thought he was fake! The foliage in the moutains was still going off and still stunning. We passed the Mt. Washington hotel and the moutains in the background were dusted with snow...our first sighting of the season, I'm sure there's plenty more to come! We headed to Vermont to the Green Moutains that were every color but green! We took a few short hikes over the weekend and found more kinds of mushrooms. On our way home we stopped at my freinds Ranger's house. He's a big black lab. We are great freinds. His Dad has chickens in a pen. I'm not too sure I like them too much, but Ranger stays away from them so I do too. Another fun weekend full of beauty and freinds. AWESOME.

No comments: