Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rangley/Smalls Falls


I want to start by saying hi to Kasi... A dog I met hiking in the Berkshires last weekend, thanks for the note on my blog!

Our weekend started Friday night with a New England boiled dinner at my Grammie and Grampa's house...noone....I mean NOONE can cook a boiled dinner like my Grammie YUM! YUM! Yes, I get a little spoiled over there! We ended up going home to sleep off all the GREAT food.


Saturday was quite a chilly start so we headed north to the Mt. Washington Valley, the Mecca shopping outlet of the East. Mom and Dad aren't shoppers but needed to get some new gear before winter adventuring begins, and there are a couple of brand new outfitters up there.


North from there to the Great North Woods, cozy in the van...much sight seeing. Frosty...I mean FROSTY night in the van, snug under plenty of covers but morning started with scraping the frost from the INSIDE of the windows! All the pines were crystally in the sun....soooo pretty! A short drive to warm up and stopped at the foot of Rangley Lake for breakfast outside the van door. Beautiful morning ! Drove around part of Rangley lake Stopped at a rest area for a photo op.


Drove to Smalls Falls and hiked way up to the top and then some. Nice falls, we've been there before..but it was summer and Me and Dad went swimming then..NOT today burrrr! Mom got some nice pictures and video's of the falls. I scared the witts out of some poor lady, oh how she shrieked! What, she wasn't exspecting to see a 4 pound Yorkie in an orange coat out in the woods??? Ha! Ha! None ever is. Guess she's never heard of Moxie the Adventure Dog!


Awewsome weekend, like the rest.

No comments: